Monday 8 November 2010

Another Fill?

I'm booked in for another fill on Wednesday afternoon. It's been on my mind to get one for a few weeks but I kept putting it off and I'm still not 100% sure whether I actually need one. At the moment I've got 8.5mls in a 10ml band and the last time I had a fill was 28 July - so that's about 3.5 months ago. Since that fill I've lost 17lbs which is pretty good going I guess, but recently that weightloss has really slowed - in August, immediately after the fill, I lost 10lbs, in September and October it was 3lbs per month. Yes, the weight is still going down, but it seems very slow and I know there are times when I am eating more than I probably should be. Nothing in comparison to what I could/would have eaten pre-band, but still more than a good bander should!

But then, on the other hand, what makes me think that maybe I don't need a fill is that I can still get full very quickly on some things, and also that I can get very stuck on other things. But, going by my benchmarks, I think a very small fill might be on order.

Mine are (and please excuse the fact that neither are healthy...):
a slice of toast - if I can eat more than half a slice then it might be time
biscuits (cookies) - if I can eat more than 2 or 3 in one sitting then it might be time

I'm also finding that I get hungry more quickly after I've eaten, and I'm thinking about food more.

What benchmarks do you all have?

3 comments:

  1. Wow Justine you are doing so well!! My band has gotten all weird. I have trouble drinking water fast, eating yogurt but cookies--3 is a piece of cake now.

    For most of my banded existence the grilled cheese sandwich has been my fill-o-meter. If I can drink more than 1/2 at one sitting it is time for a fill.

    I think the fact that you are listening and gauging whether you are hungry between meals is a good method. Now that you have moved do you have to travel for your fills? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, pay attention to your hunger. If 1 cup of food keeps you full for 4 hours, you are probably good. If you get hungry between meals, you probably need a fill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to meet you when you are in NYC -- you can reach me at chroniclesfrombandland (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete