Thursday, 30 December 2010
Monday, 20 December 2010
1) Hubby is finally on his way home; his flight from Orlando left at 6am Florida time/11am UK time and he is due in about 7pm this evening. Apparently the pilot thinks the flight will take an hour less than usual presumably because the plane weighs almost nothing (a bit like me -hah!) due to there being just 42 people (including crew) onboard! Isn't that crazy?
2) I weighed in this morning another 1lb down - if I didn't miss hubby so much I'd almost want him to stay away longer so my weight continues to plummet! So, I've now lost 60lbs - a great big fat 6-0 pounds have gone and they are NOT coming back. I have no fear about Christmas; I shall eat what/when I like safe in the knowledge that the band will keep me (mostly) on the straight and narrow and Onederland will be here in the New Year.
14st 6lbs - 202bs - BMI 33.6
(a total loss so far of 60lbs; 34lbs to go!)
That's just 3lbs til Onederland!
**** edited to add****
I've only just realised that the 60lbs loss coincided with my 11 month bandiversary! Great timing, non?!
Sunday, 19 December 2010
And poor me too - having to cope with small boy all on my own, in the snow! Our car is snowed in so although the main roads are clear, there's very little chance I can get the car out and get him over to nursery tomorrow, so that's another day I'm going to have to find something to keep him entertained and worn out! Still, the good news is all this lone-parent child-rearing has led me to lose another 1lb!!
(a total loss so far of 59lbs; 35lbs to go!)
Wednesday, 15 December 2010
Wednesday, 8 December 2010
aboard which hubby & I will be winging our merry way to NYC to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary in the city where we were married. Credit card(s) and empty suitcase at the ready.
This is the first time Ive flown since being banded and with 58lbs less of me I'm looking forward to
1) not having to ask for a seatbelt extension
2) fitting into the seat without feeling like the circulation in my thighs will be lost for days
3) being able to get the tray table down far enough that balancing a drink on it is not a precarious manoeuvre
Thursday, 2 December 2010
First no. 2) I went to the gym yesterday for the first time in YEARS. Literally years. I think the last time I went was in 2003. The reflection in the gym mirror suggests I need a new sports bra. I then went back again today for the second time, despite the fact that I had two excuses not to go: 1) my trainers had rubbed so I couldn't wear them and hubby had to hunt in the cupboard under the stairs for another pair; 2) it had snowed. But we all know that since we can see the gym/health club from our house, inclement weather is no excuse not to get there!
First no. 3) I saw a new low on the scales yesterday
(a total loss so far of 57lbs; 37lbs to go!)