Wednesday 1 June 2011

Tight Band = Another Pound Down

My band is still tight; it's not craaaazy tight because I can still eat, but it's tighter than it used to be, which means I can't eat as much. How is that? I was under the impression that as you lost weight the band might actaully loosen up due to there being less fat about the place; or, if not actually loosen up, then definitely not get tighter. Very odd. The only other thing I can think is that perhaps the amount of PBing I was doing when the band got super-tight around TOTM has agitated it and there's a bit of swelling.

Whatever the reason, the result is that I'm not eating as much which means I've lost another pound. Today's weigh-in has taken me down by exactly 5-and-a-half stone (77lbs):


13st 3lbs - 185lbs - BMI 30.8

(a total loss so far of 77lbs; 17lbs to go)


I find it hard to get my head around the fact that I have just 17lbs to lose before I reach my initial goal weight of 168lbs (12 stone)! When I was first banded, 16 months ago, my goal weight seemed a very, very long way off. Now it is very much achievable. At my current rate of losing (avg 3lbs a month) it will take me til November to get to this goal, but I'm more than happy with that. In fact, I'm more than happy to be the weight I am right now; although of course it goes without saying that I'm even happier as each further pound disappears!


But, would you believe the weight I am now still puts me in the OBESE category according to my BMI. In fact, I need to lose another 6lbs just to be OVERWEIGHT, and another 36lbs - yes THIRTY-SIX! - to be deemed NORMAL. Ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment