Tuesday, 31 August 2010
Saturday, 21 August 2010
Thursday, 19 August 2010
(a total loss so far of 43lbs)
Friday, 13 August 2010
This is my first TOM since the fill that has given me proper restriction. This is also the first time that I have experienced TOMT. It sucks. Nothing seems to be going down well at the moment, even things with which I normally have no issue. And those things that I can eat, but which need a little thought and a little extra chew-chew? Forget it.
Usually for breakfast I will have a thin slice of toast or a toasted crumpet. Tried it yesterday, didn't work. Tried it again today, still no good. Yesterday went out for lunch with a friend; had eggs benedict. Thought the poached eggs wouldn't be an issue. Wrong. Ended up making two trips to the toilet, the second in a bit of a hurry. (Sorry if TMI!) Decided to tell my friend at that point what the issue was (she was thinking I was pregnant); at least if I go out eating with her again I won't have to worry about making excuses if I need to make numerous trips to the loo.
Dinner = fish. Nope.
Dessert = ice cream. Yes. Thank you Mr Ben and Mr Jerry.
Woke up this morning thinking that the lack of food yesterday would have done the world of good for my weight. Wrong again. 1lb up. Did I say 'Bah'?
Thursday, 12 August 2010
Anyhoozle, here are a few snaps of the dress which I have bought (but not yet removed labels from - I have 28 days to make up my mind...) I was v pleased to be able to try on (and fit into) a size 20 as I am used to trying on a 22 in this particular shop (the largest size they do) and sometimes (previously!) finding that even the 22 didn't fit. Not any more! It's a maxi-dress, so it's possible that I may even be a little bit 'on trend', although perhaps that trend has come and gone in the time it's taken me to notice it was happening? The photos don't really do the colours any justice - they look a little washed out but are much brighter peach and orange shades on a black background.
Even better, I then went to the shop next door (East) and bought a size 16 (!!) top in the sale, reduced from £59 to £17. Got to love a bargain!
Monday, 9 August 2010
Just one other thing. I went out on Friday evening with a group of friends I hadn't seen for a while and only one of them noticed I'd lost weight. Ho hum.
Thursday, 5 August 2010
Yes folks, it's true; a new day, a new weight:
(a total loss so far of 41lbs)
I think that this latest fill might have done the trick...
Sorry it's taken me a while, but I have to thank Sam for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award - thank you, Sam!
Apparently I now have to tell you seven things you didn't know about me (although some of you probably do know some/all of these things, sorry.) OK, here goes:
1) I'm an only child. Which, of course, makes me a spoilt, selfish, good-for-nothing little brat. Or maybe it doesn't. Depends which day of the week it is and who's playing with my toys.
2) I have an MA in Ancient Social and Cultural History.
3) Hubby & I got married in New York.
4) I used to have my tongue pierced but took it (the piercing, not my tongue) out the day small boy was born as I thought I should probably be a bit more grown up now I'm a mummy.
5) When I was young I wished my name was Frances (or is it Francis? I can never remember which is the female version); don't ask me why, I was young and foolish.
6) When I was young (and sometimes now, too) I was sure I was going to marry John Taylor from Duran Duran. Apparently he's now married to the woman who founded Juicey Couture which makes me think he must have dubious taste (and also accounts for why he married Amanda de Cadenent), hence why he never came knocking on my door.
7) I read The Times newspaper (Business section) for a living. It's not as glamorous as it sounds; actually, it doesn't even sound glamorous. But it keeps my brain ticking over (occasionally) and pays a paltry wage that keeps the treat cupboard stocked to the brim (don't tell the Diet Police) and my bookshelves overflowing.
And I now I have to nominate 15 bloggers to receive the award.
I'm going to do that bit tomorrow...
Wednesday, 4 August 2010
Tuesday, 3 August 2010
(a total loss so far of 39lbs)
(What sort of a mother does that make me, trying to encourage my darling boy to eat chocolate cake just so I can be the teeniest tiniest member of Family W?! Quick, someone call the authorities.)
Monday, 2 August 2010
Unnecessary photo of small boy!