Sunday 25 March 2012

Woop Woop! And Tina is a Genius.

At last, at last, at last, at last. Another 1lb gone.



13st 11lbs - 193lbs - BMI 32.1
(a total loss so far of 69lbs - 25lbs to go)

I think what may have helped is cutting down on the coffee. I've gone down from three or four mugs a day to one or two. It's not that my coffee itself was loaded with calories, since I only drink it with the addition of a little skimmed milk, but what was going on alongside the coffee - ie, the biscuit-shaped accompaniment to that steaming hot mug of Joe. It is nigh-on impossible to drink a cup of coffee without eating a biscuit (or three, or perhaps enjoying a slice of cake or some chocolate) at the same time, isn't it? Or is that just me?! Anyway, I'm wondering if cutting down on this little habit of coffee + sweet snack is what has helped with finally shifting another pound?

Tina over at Losing It actually made this suggestion to me in a comment on one of my previous posts where I talked about coming to terms with staying at (or around) this weight and being satisfied with it. She mentioned that perhaps I could just change one little thing and see what happened - here's part of what she said:

"What is one thing you can change tomorrow? You don't have to give the cookies, cakes or coffee up yet..just cut back one this next week-one cookie less per day or one coffee less or one walk more..something like that. Give it a week and see if it helps."

Tina, you are a genius!

(And, believe it or not, the heartburn helped too, or else I might never have been moved to cut down on the coffee. Perhaps it was a sign from the Band Gods.)

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are feeling better and losing again.
    It is great that Tina was able to help. Love this blog world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that you figured out the coffee was probably giving you the trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray :) I am glad it helped..now I need some lovin over my way. The scale is skyrocketing and I have yet to put a stop to it..I am soooooo Hungry!!! :)

    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete