Wednesday 24 February 2010

All Quiet on the Diet Front

Nothing to report. Nada. Zip. Niet. Zero. With 'zero' being the operative word, as that pretty much sums up my weightloss for the last two weeks. Gahh! But I have still lost 20lbs and (with a little bit of up and down here and there) not put anything on. And it is only nine more days til my first fill...

Clearly, though, I do need that fill to kick-start the weightloss again. My appetite has come back, and I imagine I can now eat pretty much anything. I say 'imagine' as I don't want to push things, so I've still been sticking to softer foods - mashed potato, soup, soft bread, tuna, Ready Brek, chips, chocolate, sponge cakes... - oops, did I say chips, chocolate and cake? See, that's why I need the fill!

I have an appointment with the dietitian on Friday so I'm going to see whether I can move to 'normal' foods for the final week before my first fill. I really fancy some Chinese food and would love to be able to eat some and enjoy it!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you doing well ---- Chips, chocolate & all - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, chocolate and chips used to be good friends of mine but I bid them adieu at the start of pre-op. I have no control once a lovely morsel of either passes my lips. I just have to stay away.

    I had my appointment with the dietician yesterday and will post the highlights soon. She did give the green light for my first fill. It will be interesting to compare notes.

    I had Chinese food for the first time since surgery the other night - spicy noodles with veggies and chicken. Yummy, but I was able to eat far more than I thought I would be able to.
    Can't wait for that first fill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to add that it's neat that we have some things in common. Hope the scale starts moving soon!

    ReplyDelete