Wednesday 17 February 2010

Slowly. Softly.

Slowly = my weightloss at the moment. Actually, it's worse than slow, it's ground to a halt. However, I'm not going to worry about it too much because I know it's just a temporary thing for a number of reasons:

1) that old devil TOTM is just around the corner and we all know what effect those hormones can have on the scales
2) I'm definitely eating more than I was in the first couple of weeks post-op (although nowhere near as much as a normal day pre-op), and I'm not necessarily eating 'good' stuff, so how on earth can I expect to lose weight? I'm guessing this is Bandster Hell.
3) it's still another 2 weeks and 2 days (who's counting?!) til I get my first fill

And, looking on the very positive side, I'm still 20lbs lighter than I was 5.5 weeks ago; the last time I had such a dramatic weightloss was the day I gave birth to my 8lb 11oz darling boy!

Softly = today, according to my dietician, I can officially move on to 'soft' foods, instead of purees. I say 'officially' because I've actually been eating some soft/mushy foods for the past ten days or so, but it's mostly been in the form of mashed potato, swede, carrot and other soft veggies. Now I can start to re-introduce pasta and rice to my diet, which I'm definitely looking forward to as I do love me some pasta.

Today is exactly four weeks since I was banded and I can honestly say I've not had a single regret (so far; except when the painkillers wore off the first few hours post-surgery!) All is going well; long may it continue.

Today is also the start of Lent when it's traditional to give something up for the next forty days. Hubby is giving up cheese; I've not decided what to give up yet - overeating, perhaps?!

5 comments:

  1. Bandster Hell sucks, but you're almost filled and that first fill will be here soon! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to the scale screeching to a halt. I have another week to go until my first fill and it can't come soon enough.

    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are 1 day apart, and I know exactly how you feel..over the last few days I had a stall on the scale, but thankfully it moved today. I am actually being moved to solids on Friday, but I don't know what I really will eat, I'm so nervous about getting sick..
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got on some more solid food. I've stalled too in not seeing the scale move more than 0.1, like a whole bunch of other bloggers. Is February the reason? I am eating more carbs so figure some of the weight pre-op was because I was carb-depleted and a little of that water weight is coming back. The mysteries of the band or are we just too impatient. I was sure I would be dropping at least 5 pounds a day. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I'm one week after you & stalling here to - what gives? You have a great attitude Justine - I need some of that myself :)

    ReplyDelete