Thursday 30 December 2010

A Christmas Miracle

I've been a bit remiss on the blogging front, haven't I? I just don't know where the time has gone. Hubby finally got home from the US on the Monday evening and then on the Wednesday we headed "oooop north" for the Christmas break; we were away for a week and it flew by in the blink of an eye. Christmas has just disappeared; hubby & I were both felt that we didn't get a chance to appreciate the run-up to Christmas, which is one of the parts we enjoy the most. Oh well, there's always next year!

So, Christmas brought with it the usual round of chocolates, crisps, chocolates, biscuits, drinks, chocolates, party food, chocolates. But this year things were slightly different from my point of view because, obviously, there was no over-eating. Yes, I ate more chocolates than usual; yes, I drank more alcohol (in the form of Snowballs) than usual, but that was about it. And, the Christmas miracle came in the form of a 1lb LOSS over the Christmas period. Yep, a LOSS. Must be the first time in history that I have lost weight at this time of year. And it's all down to the band.
14st 5lbs - 201bs - BMI 33.4
(a total loss so far of 61lbs; 33lbs to go!)
Just 2lbs to go til Onederland....

And another first for this time of year - I went out in the snow and I didn't mind. I'm not going to say I love the snow, because I don't but I certainly don't hate it as much as I did when I was 60lbs heavier! I just pulled on my new Ugg boots (courtesy of hubby for Xmas, by way of NYC) and off I went, pulling small boy along on his sledge.


Oh, and another first - I bought a new outift to wear specifically for Christmas Day. The photo quality is appalling - taken with an iPhone which small boy had been playing with (greasy paws all over the lens) - but you get the idea, I'm sure. New dress from Monsoon in UK size 18 (US 14) and a pair of knee-length boots from a regular shop (Clarks), courtesy of my Mum for Xmas.
I hope you all had a lovely Christmas break, and Happy New Year too! Here's hoping it's a slender one.

2 comments:

  1. Well done, you look great in your dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wahooo your looking soo skinny. I hope you had a great new year.

    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete