Wednesday 15 December 2010

Now, Don't Be Jealous But....

Oh yes indeed, I was lucky enough to meet a Band Superstar in the flesh, in New York! Catherine's was the very first blog I started reading, just before I was banded back in January and she was (and still is) definitely an inspiration.

We had a lovely bandster dinner (soup followed by a shared dessert!) at a trendy restaurant in the Meatpacking District, and we talked and talked for over three hours. It was like meeting up with an old friend, and Catherine is just as lovely as you would expect.

So, not only did I get to meet Catherine, but I had a lovely weekend in NY mostly, but not always, with hubby. We flew in on Friday morning and hot-footed it to the apartment we had rented on the Upper West. We pretty much just dumped our bags and headed straight out the door to refuel at Starbucks before hitting the shops - we had an itinerary to stick to! First stop was Harry's Shoes where hubby bought me a fab pair of Ugg boots for Christmas and from there on in we just kept on shopping (and eating and drinking.) I had quite a bit of trouble zipping up my bag when I headed back to the airport on Monday evening due to the amount of "stuff" I had to cram in.
Sunday evening hubby had to fly to San Francisco for business leaving me all alone in NYC with just a credit card for company...
Although I treated myself to calorie-laden drinks and cakes in Starbucks throughout the weekend, not to mention some bar food (onion rings and mozarella sticks) on Friday evening for our wedding anniversary, I got home on Tuesday morning to find that I was just 2lbs heavier than when we set off. And by this morning those 2lbs have gone and I'm back to 14st 8lbs.
This was the first time I'd flown since having the band fitted in January and one thing I did notice was that it did feel quite tight - I even had trouble getting some water down at one point and then had to make use of the 'sick bag' to get rid of some slime as we were coming in to land and the pilot had turned the seatbelt light on - nice! I also had some aches across my back, in the area of my bra strap, and I know this was where I got my gas pains after being banded (rather that in my shoulder where many people suffered) so I'm assuming it was band-related. Other than that, I didn't have too much trouble and all in all, had a lovely weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Catherine's was the first Blog that I read too! I am being banded on Monday and starting to get very nervous. . .

    Happy Anniversary,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so great to meet you, too!! I am so glad that you had time to see me during your NYC extravangaza and am looking forward to next time! :)

    ReplyDelete