Friday 29 June 2012

Unfill. Now That Feels Better!

Woot woot! Last Wednesday I finally got my unfill. My surgeon took out 0.25mls; it made a difference straight away and I feel sooooo much better! I can eat more, but not too much, so it feels a little bit like I'm back at my sweet spot (obviously now I've said that, I'll have totally jinxed it.) I can eat 'regular' food again and it feels so liberating. I'm enjoying the whole 'what shall I have for lunch today?' thing, instead of the 'I wonder if I can manage a cracker today?' thing.

On the negative side, I've put on 4lbs (so I'm back up to 14st 1lb/197lbs) but I expect that's a combination of some over-eating on my part (due to the novelty of it all!) and my body grabbing on to all the calories I'm putting in because it's worried I'll be starving it again soon. But 4lbs is worth it for the ability to eat regular food again.

In other news, I just booked us (me, hubby, small child and my mum) flights to Orlando and New York City for November/December this year! Disney here we come! Shopping in NYC here we come! We'll be in NYC for my birthday, which makes me very, very happy! I'm going to have to plan an entire day of fabulousness, starting with pancakes and maple syrup for breakfast and ending with dinner somewhere wonderful (oh, did that sound like my day was going to revolve around food?!)

5 comments:

  1. Yay!! I'm so glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy that you are able to eat again!! Woo Hoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you got that done!! How great about your b-day trip! If your schedule permits, it would be great to see you while you're in town. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I know too well the feelings you describe. It is nice to be able to say...what can I eat instead of what will my band tolerate. But that also means that you have to make good choices! So tough!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! Keep up the good work! One thing I’ve found to be extremely helpful and useful as a supplement to my current diet/exercise plan is Fullbar (www.fullbar.com). Not only do their products help you lose weight, they also help you maintain your weight loss.

    ReplyDelete