Monday 8 February 2010

Ouch - I Ate Too Much

Family W took an overnight trip to Bristol yesterday to visit Granny and because hubby had a business meeting there today. After hubby's meeting we decided to go to Yo Sushi for lunch; Yo Sushi is great because you get to choose from lots of small plates meaning you can eat as much or as little as you like. Guess who ate too much? Yep, that's right, yours truly. I thought I was being good because I avoided the california rolls (actually due to the fact that none came by on the conveyor belt rather than through choice as it happens, but who's counting?!); I went for pumpkin korroke which is my absolute favourite anyway, so I certainly didn't feel like I was missing out, but then decided that the katsu selection and vegetable goyoza would be good options too. In total I ate 3 pumpkin korroke (mashed pumpkin fried in breadcrumbs - healthy, huh?! approx 200 cals), 1 katsu chicken (small chicken filet in breadcrumbs, approx 300 cals), 1 king prawn katsu (approx 70cals), 1 slice of aubergine tempura (approx 40cals), 1 vegetable goyoza (don't know the cals for this one); 7 pieces in total. About 5 minutes after I'd finished, I realised I'd eaten too much - probably 2 or 3 pieces too many I'd say. My tummy felt really uncomfortable for quite a while - probably the next 30mins or so.

Still, I learnt a valuable lesson:

don't overeat!

Durr - who let the genius into the room?! I it sounds simple, but until you've actually done it with the band (even an unfilled one), then I guess you can't learn how much is too much. I know once the band is filled, I will get a much different feeling and I literally won't be able to overeat, but I'm glad that even with an unfilled band I'm getting an achey tummy from eating nowhere near as much as I would have pre-band.

1 comment:

  1. The sushi sounds great! The pumpkin things sounds great.

    Tina

    ReplyDelete