Sunday 28 February 2010

Cleanin' Out My Closet, as Eminem Once Said

This morning I had 10 minutes spare while small boy was having an early lunch with Granny and hubby, so I tried on all the skirts in my wardrobe, of which there are nine. Four of those no longer fit, because they are
TOO BIG!!
This is well and truly a momentous occasion. When else have I ever had clothes that have gotten too big? When else have I ever had clothes that don't need to be packed away "just in case"? What a wonderful feeling to know that these skirts are too big, and will ALWAYS be too big. They are in fact too big to the point that I can take them off without having to undo the buttons/zips; clearly it would be dangerous to wear such an item of clothing for fear that the hem might get caught in something or trodden on by someone, and lo and behold, slip right off, leaving me displaying my undergarments to all and sundry. Not a pretty sight.

The other five skirts fit nicely (for the time being!) having previously been somewhere on the scale of snug to tight.

Next time I have a few minutes to spare, I'll be trying on my tops. Watch this space...

8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful feeling that myst be. I am so happy for you! You have anything cute you care to share? :) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Thrilling!! I can't wait until I have clothing to donate to the "sisterhood" because I have shrunk out of it never to be worn again! I have one skirt I'm keeping...so I can get in it with 2 of my friends when I hit goal. SO happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great! Congrats ont the NSV. Isn't nice to know that you can get rid of the too big clothing and not worry that maybe you should hang on to them just in case? I'm only going to hang on to one pair of pants and a top from from my hightest weight to try on in 6 months and a year from now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hadn't thought of keeping hold of something as a comparison for later along this journey, but I will now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!! Huge congrats - it is such a great feeling to get rid of the biggest clothes in the closet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a great problem to have - your skirt falling off - lol! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it a great feeling to be able to wear clothes that you'd had to put aside as the weight went on? I'm working my way down my wardrobe and looking forward to not fitting anything I own! What a great excuse to go shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so exciting! I can't wait to get there!

    ReplyDelete