Wednesday 20 January 2010

I'm officially a bandit!

Thanks to everyone who left a 'Good Luck' comment after my last post, it was very kind of you and much appreciated.

Anyway, this is a quick posting from my hospital bed to let you know that the operation went very well, so well in fact that I only had to have four incisions instead of the usual five as the surgeon didn't need to use any extra retraction (that's what he told me, not entirely sure what that means, but one less scar to heal is fine by me!)

I must admit that since coming out of the recovery room things have been pretty uncomfortable, indeed downright painful, in the tummy area and I've been taking a lot of painkillers - guess I must have a low pain threshold, what a wimp!

So that's all for today - I feel another nap coming on...

Hope you are all well.
Justine
x

3 comments:

  1. Take all the drugs that you need!! This is the time to do it.

    Congratulations & "Welcome To The Sisterhood Of The Bandster's"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray...it's over! I'm jealous you have one less hole than me :)

    Feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad all went well. Looking forward to hearing your post-op days-ggod stuff, whining and all:-)

    I agree with Gilly-keep taking the pain killers, that's why they give them out. You really can't sell the leftovers or you'd be in jail!

    ReplyDelete