Saturday 16 January 2010

Pre-Op Diet: Day Six

Day Six found me hungry; it also found me still teetering on the edge of the plateau. But, back to the hunger. My tummy wasn't rumbling, I wasn't feeling weak and/or feeble, I didn't have a headache, but I was still HUNGREEEEEE. Is this the fabled head hunger? I guess it must be. The weird thing is, I wasn't hungry for chocolate, or biscuits, or cake as I think I would normally be, what I really wanted was something like a piece of toast or a bread roll. It's not like I can't even have those things on the pre-op diet anyway, so I just don't know how to 'pigeon-hole' the hunger I was feeling. Suffice to say, the broccoli and cauliflower I ate in an attempt to assuage the hunger, didn't work. The trouble was, I had friends coming round for dinner so I had to hold out until about 8pm, whereas usually I would have eaten by about 7.30pm. But when dinner arrived it was soooooooooooooooooo good!

Here's my food intake for the day; pretty much 'same old, same old', I'm afraid!

Breakfast
porridge (1 starch) and milk (1 dairy)
coffee and milk

Mid-morning
large coffee

Lunch
Emmenthal cheese and mushroom flatbread (2 starch, 1 protein)
Hot chocolate (not on the diet, but I sooo wanted a hot drink that wasn't coffee, and I don't like tea; I did get it made with skimmed milk)

Mid-afternoon
mango chunks (2 fruit)
broccoli and cauliflower
hot Ribena

Dinner
jacket potato (2 starch), tuna (0.5 protein), cottage cheese (0.5 protein)
Mullerlite yoghurt (1 protein)

Apart from the hunger, I felt something else today - I felt good about myself. I feel like I've taken control of something (food? my body?), and it feels good. I may only have lost 6lbs, but those 6lbs are never coming back, and that feels so empowering. Does that sound odd? Yes, I have another 88lbs to lose before I get to the weight I've chosen as my goal, but at least I've started the journey. I no longer have 94lbs to lose, just 88.

No comments:

Post a Comment